Sunday, November 13, 2011

Casual Sunday


The outfits I've shown on my blog to date have been work attire so I thought I'd show an outfit I'm wearing on a Sunday afternoon as I'm heading out the door to run errands. The tunic used to be a dress with a hideous bottom, so since I only paid $2.99 for the dress from a thrift store last year, I figured I had nothing to lose by hacking off 6 inches from the bottom and turning the dress into a top. The merino wool of this tunic is so soft and comfy and I love the colours. Glad I tried a DIY to it!

The boots are the grey boots I mentioned a few posts ago - they are quickly becoming my casual wear work horses. They are sooooo comfortable, made even more so by adding my favourite go-to Dr. Scholl's gel insoles. 

The "jeggings" I just purchased yesterday during a very good sale at The Bay. They are the black jeggings from Jessica Simpson's line. I went to Gap and tried on the skinnies I hear everyone rave about but they did not fit me well at all. The rise felt a little too low for me and in order to get them tight enough in the waist so they didn't slip off, I felt like a human sausage. In all, I must have tried on 20 pairs of skinnies/jeggings yesterday from various stores. I was feeling quite disheartened when walking through The Bay back to my car, I saw these ones. I did think to myself "ummm...Shannon...you're almost 50...do you really think a Jessica Simpson item can fit you...???" But I liked the feel of the medium weight fabric so I thought I'd give them a try. They are a mid rise, fit everywhere perfect from the waist, to the butt, to the hips and on down. They were $69 regular but The Bay was running a 40% off sale on a couple of lines and this was one of them...whoo hoo...

Tunic: MSK (thrifted)
Denim jacket: Levis (thrifted)
Jeggings: Jessica Simpson
Boots: Sears
Necklace: thrifted
Purse: Danier Leather (thrifted)




2 comments:

  1. Fab and fab! Who cares about the brand as long as they fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's what I decided too Amy! Enough with the label reading - it's what fits and works that counts. I've also decided to stop worrying so much about the size on the label. Every brand fits differently and who cares whether one brand is a size up - it's whether or not it fits and looks good. It's just a number!

    ReplyDelete