Thursday, November 3, 2011

Party Outfit #2

This outfit at H&M has caught my eye and may be a possibility for my evening "tux" look for the Christmas dinner & dance. I'm not sure I can pull off the slouchy/low crotch pants being that I'm only 5'1" and not the slimmest gal in town, but they might be worth trying on. I like the jacket too. I would swap out the top in the photo with a sequinned tank (I actually saw a really pretty white sequinned tank in Sears of all places, that could work) and either animal print or red heels, if I can find at a good price. I'm also going to check out my favourite high-end consignment store to see what they have.


http://www.hm.com/ca/product/95851?article=95851-A

Speaking of consignment, I had an interesting dilemma today. Nordstrom's (a huge clothing store in the U.S. with many high-end design fashions) is having a major sale right now and there are many beautiful items to be had. My dear hubby suggested I order a few things as my Christmas present. First of all, the cost of duty and taxes was ridiculous so that ended that idea. But I also got thinking about the fact that the items I loved would still cost significantly more than what I'm used to paying and it sounds weird - but other people would be buying the same items. As I've said before, I thrift not only because it's less expensive and good for the landfills, but because the items I often find are unique. I have NEVER once run into someone who has the same stuff I have. And nobody points at me at work at chants "thrift girl...thrift girl". Nobody knows (unless I tell them) my clothing comes via thrifting. My dear friend Kristin commented on this today at work saying that I find the coolest stuff at the most ridiculous prices and why would I want to change that? Why indeed.


Update: So never mind H&M. Although there are some stores in Canada (in Alberta) they do not run a Canadian on-line store so I cannot order anything from them...ggrrrrrrr...

1 comment:

  1. Oh darn, yes, H&M is in store only. Good luck on your search though, I'm sure you will find a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete