Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Party Outfit

December 10th is the annual Christmas Dinner & Dance thrown for my work. It's a fairly dressy affair - mostly cocktail dresses and the odd long gown. It's surprisingly fun, especially since there's some of us gals that go without our hubbies and just have a girl's night out. 


In the past I've worn a fairly typical cocktail dress - black, silver, black/white combo...you get the idea. And I purchased another little black dress back in the summer when I came upon it in a fabulous consignment store that carries high-end merchandise for this year's party. BUT...


...I want to wear something different. I'm becoming more adventurous in my style and like stepping out of my comfort zone. So I'm thinking of doing something like tuxedo pants and jacket, sequined tank or silky blouse, a statement piece of jewellery (fake of course) and some kick-ass shoes. Add a swipe of my new favourite red lipstick (Mac Bold Red) and voila - hopefully a stylish look but one that stands out from the rest.


The trick, however, will be finding these pieces at thrift/consignment stores as per my shopping plan. Do you think I can pull it off?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Sounds amazing! Also consider H&M, just saw a great black tuxedo jacket there for quite a good price!

    ReplyDelete