Monday, November 7, 2011

Is it self indulgent?

Today's outfit is something that I felt fantastic in all day. It was comfortable, easy to move about, and not overly warm (definitely a consideration in my menopausal heat-wave state!). This is the third item I have purchased from the Jay Manuel Attitude line sold through Sears. If you watch the Sears flyer, his line will go on sale for as much as 40% off at certain times. I scored this dress for a mere $47! I also have a pair of dress pants, an asymmetrical tank top and blouse (the same fabric as the dress). I find his clothes fit well, wash well and so far, seem to be of pretty high quality. The jacket was a Jones New York splurge about 5 years ago. I paid a ridiculous amount for this jacket but given that I love it 5 years later and it still looks fantastic, I'd say it was money well spent. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's a cross between indigo blue and purple in colour. I'm falling in love with wearing booties with dresses and skirts. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm getting a kick out of it (get it...."kick"....c'mon...). I do see when looking at the picture that the black tights might be a bit heavy looking. Any suggestions to alternate tights? It's too cold here now to go without.


I have been thinking lately though about this blog and my outfit photos. I'm wondering if it's too self indulgent (no offence to anyone else who blogs). Does it serve a purpose to anyone else but me? Just something I'm wondering about.


Dress: Jay Manuel Attitude
Jacket: Jones New York
Tights: Roots
Booties: Blowfish
Purse: thrifted



2 comments:

  1. I think this is very cute! I like the black tights, they keep the leg line nice and long. As for self indulgence, I guess as someone who takes pictures of themselves everyday maybe I'm not one to comment, but I say it is your blog - no one is forced to look! Those that are visiting are here because they want to be. Indulge away! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha Amyreh - I'm laughing at your "leg line long" comment - I'm only 5 feet tall - I couldn't have a long leg line if I tried!!!

    And thank you for your support of my indulgence - I'm actually quite enjoying it all. I have a less than creative job (although I love my job) so this has become a bit of a creative outlet for me. I truly do appreciate you popping by!

    ReplyDelete