Wednesday, October 12, 2011

But it wasn't my fault!

A person really shouldn't angry shop. My son and I were not getting along tonight - he's 16 and head strong: I'm 48 and head strong...sometimes it just isn't a good combination.


Anyway...had to get out of the house so that I wouldn't say something I would regret, went to fill the car up with gas and then somehow that darned car of mine found it's way to Value Village...


So I cheated already (yes Kim...you can go ahead a gloat) BUT I only spent $52, it was all thrifted and this is what I got:

  • Black Tahari dress pants ($9)
  • Calvin Klein slim fit jeans ($6)
  • Zara multicoloured dress ($12)
  • Faux pearl & gold evening clutch ($6)
  • Cleo green faux leather tote ($7)
  • and the find of the night: a beautiful black & red Kate Spade purse ($12)

These are all items I can use, nothing requires alterations and all are in mint condition.


Lessons learned:

  • send my husband next time to get gas
  • never use shopping as anger management therapy


4 comments:

  1. It is really hard not to cheat but I do agree never use something you know is destructive to you as therapy...mine is eating :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristin! It amazed me how automatically I resorted to shopping to calm myself down. Not good (although I did score some lovely items)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, my shopping hiatus was hijacked last week when Gap sent me a 30% off coupon, plus I always get 10% off there additionally, so I decided I had to have another pair of skinny jeans to tuck into boots since I only have 1... I probably could have managed without, those darn coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coupons are evil!!! At least you didn't pay full price - maybe 30% off means 30% less guilt???

    I just bought my first pair of skinnies (cheap brand to try out - am now hooked) - do you like the Gap skinnies a lot?

    ReplyDelete