Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hello Again

I've decided that I actually need to keep up with Cold Turkey because in a strange way, I find it therapeutic. My father-in-law is comfortable now in a palliative care unit, receiving end of life care and pain management. The staff are beyond stellar and we are very grateful that he is receiving such wonderful care from such compassionate people.


I originally said that I was not going to post for awhile while we spent time with family, but I've realized that I still need to take a few minutes each day for myself. And this blog is going to be that few minutes.


The outfit below is 90% thrifted. My husband actually offered to take the photo because he loves the colour red and gave me "two thumbs up" on the purse. I was trying to remember the last time I wore an outfit (including shoes, purse and jewellery) that DIDN'T have some item thrifted...hmmmm...nope, can't remember.


BTW - I did end up finding a pair of boots. They are dark gray, riding boot style, very simple (I didn't want any buckles or embellishments) and are extremely comfortable. They are faux leather but I decided that was ok since I'm pretty hard on my outdoor footwear in winter so if they only last one winter, that's ok with me. The best part? They were on sale for $44.99! You'll see an outfit post in the near future with them.


Jacket: Jones New York (thrifted)
Pencil midi skirt: Taifun Collection (thrifted)
Tights: Roots
Shoes: Indigo for Clarks
Purse: Kate Spade (thrifted...yes...a real, honest-to-goodness Kate Spade...for a mere $12.99!)



3 comments:

  1. What a pretty picture and beautiful bag! So sorry about your father in law, glad he is being well cared for though. Can't wait to see the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words - much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As i stated before. Simply stunning picture!

    ReplyDelete