Friday, October 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Last night was Thursday night... "yeah...so?" you say. Thursdays are when the Value Village in my end of town puts out the new (to them) merchandise they've received over the past week. And if you want the good stuff...and there is A LOT of good stuff...you gotta get there on Thursday. On Thursdays in the past, I have bought (among many other things): a double strand of real pearls; a Gucci silver watch complete with a real diamond at the 12; a lovely taupe leather Guess purse; a beautiful pair of like-new sand colored leather cowboy boots; several Ann Taylor Loft/Jones New York clothing items; and one gorgeous silk Karen Kane skirt. It seems an absolute match made in heaven that Thursday is also payday...I mean, how wonderful is that??!!

But last night instead of heading out the door hollering to my guys "I'm off to VV" I watched True Grit (the newer version) with hubby and son - it was a lovely evening. See....you are therapeutic after all! 

3 comments:

  1. Well hello there Amyreh! Nice of you to pop by. How are you doing with your "no shopping" challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard! There is a bunch of stuff I want from Target right now. So far I have only exchanged a vest for a blazer at H&M (I guess I could have just returned it). Not too bad, trying to stay strong! : )

    ReplyDelete