Thursday, October 13, 2011

Has Anyone Seen My Comfort Zone?

Today at work we had a little challenge called "dress outside your comfort zone" day. We all challenged each other to dress in some way differently than we do all the time. It didn't have to be drastic - we weren't asking people who normally wear conservative work suits to come in hoochi wear. It just had to be something that you've wanted to do, but haven't quite had the gumption to do it.


I love the look of cowboy boots with bare legs and a dress but have never worn it. A couple of months ago I thrifted a beautiful pair of sandy coloured leather cowboy boots. They are, without a doubt, the most comfortable things I have ever worn on my feet. I can totally understand how people get hooked on wearing them and then become the crazy cowboy boot woman. Today was my day to try this look at work. 


I didn't have the exact right dress I would have chosen to wear but working with what I have, I wore the same black Alfred Sung dress that I showed previously in my first outfit post. I paired that dress with the lovely cowboy boots, black & metallic belt and a recently acquired taupe leather drapey jacket from Gap. Black and taupe normally are a little too neutral for me since I'm quite pale, but I paired this outfit with my red handbag and matching bright red lipstick to bring some colour into the mix. Ok...be honest now...what do you think of this look? I gotta tell ya - I felt fabulous and comfortable all day...until my sweet friend Kristin pointed out that I had a rip in my backside and my underwear was showing (see your mother was right - you should always wear your good underwear because you never know what could happen)!
  • Dress: Pure by Alfred Sung
  • Cowboy boots: El Gringo (thrifted)
  • Black leather and metallic belt: Nygard
  • Leather jacket: Gap (has a purple hue in the photo but it's really taupe)
  • Red handbag: Nine West (thrifted)
  • Red lipstick: MAC Bold Red

No comments:

Post a Comment