Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inventory

I decided before I begin my experiment, I should take inventory of what I have and give y'all an idea of what I'm working with - complete with a few pics of my closet and jewellery box. As I began to write down how many pairs of pants and blouses I have, I became a wee bit ashamed. I can't believe how much I have and wondered why I constantly feel the need to have more. It doesn't make any sense...I guess that's why they call it an addiction. I believe I have an addictive personality - it used to be food (so I lost weight), then it was exercise (until I hurt my knee), then it became shopping...I seem to keep trading one addiction for another. 
Anyway...here's the low down of what I have in my closet:
  • 5 dresses
  • 8 pairs of dress pants
  • 15 blazers
  • 6 skirts
  • 11 sleeveless blouses
  • 14 short/long sleeved blouses
  • 4 pairs of jeans
  • 6 sweaters (pull over top type)
  • 9 cardigans
  • 15 pairs of shoes/boots (does not include outdoor winter boots)
  • 7 every day purses & 4 evening bags
  • various t-shirts/belts/tanks & camisoles/scarves
  • 2 cocktail dresses
The most mind blowing aspect of this inventory is that this is only my fall/winter clothing and does NOT include what I have stored downstairs for out of season wear.






After looking at just how much I have, I feel more strongly than ever that not only CAN I accomplish my goal of no purchases for six months, but that I NEED to do this. 
I've also decided that if an item does become damaged and requires replacement, it must be from a thrift/consignment shop or from a retail clearance rack...no full price items allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment