Thursday, October 20, 2011

In studying my closet...

…I’ve discovered a few “holes” that require filling in order to maximize the items I already have. I need:

·         White button down shirt to wear with pants and skirts, even to dress up jeans.
·         Gray blazer – this would go with many items in my closet and probably add another 4-5 outfits to my rotation.
·         A pair of knee-high boots to wear with skirts, dresses and skinny jeans. The only knee-high boots I have are my trusty cowboy boots and the color does not go with everything. I’d be looking for gray or black I think – something very versatile to again provide many options for the items I already own.
·         Sweater dress – again, multiple ways to wear with different tights, different footwear, different jewelry, different belts.

So of course the question becomes – is this breaking my no shopping challenge? Technically they are not replacement items. If I were to hunt down these items, I would start with my favorite consignment shop. The clothing there is very up-to-date (no bad 70’s big shouldered polyester suits in that store!), in impeccable condition and usually very high end.

Or do I just leave these wardrobe holes and work with what I’ve got?

HELP!!!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe prioritize 2 items for this month and 2 items for next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent suggestion but there's only one problem - I'm the MOST impatient person I know!!!

    However, I've decided the sweater dress is not that important so it's off the list altogether. I managed to score a pair of dark grey riding style boots today on my lunch hour that fit perfect, are very simple (the style I was after) and above all else, extremely comfortable. They're faux leather but of good quality and at $44 - a steal.

    Now the decision is between the white button down shirt or the blazer - I'll go through the closet again and see which of those will provide me with the most options and go with that.

    ReplyDelete