Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day #1 - Reality Check

So it's payday today...this is a good thing, right? Yeah...except my palms are getting sweaty and I'm a feeling kinda twitchy. Payday normally means "shopping day". But not this time. And it's like as soon as I wrote down I WILL NOT SHOP (like it's part of the Ten Commandments) suddenly I have the overwhelming desire to go shopping. To top it off, last night my son wanted to practice night driving (he's got his beginner's) and where does he decide to go....wait for it...wait for it...WALMART! Is this not like some sort of evil torture test? Now I am NOT a fan of Walmart but it's still a store...so I walk in with him and it hits me like a freakin' Mac truck...the sounds, smells, energy...low prices coupled with cute items...Good Lordie I was starting to hyperventilate. I literally had to say "I'll go wait in the car while you look around" and left. So to help myself out with this project, I'm going to enter stores as little as possible, I have deleted all my various store websites from my favorites list, and unsubscribed to all the online shopping sites I belonged to. I have removed my credit card from my wallet and placed it in a container of water in the freezer. I will also immediately throw store flyers from my mailbox into my recycling box. I'll test the saying People Don't Want What They Don't See.

Below is my first outfit post - sorry for the poor photo - it was taken at work by a co-worker (ssshhh...don't tell my boss) in my office and consisted of poor lighting, a phone camera and a I-don't-know-how-to-pose pose. I'll work on this end of things, I promise.

Outfit: Black knit dress (Pure by Alfred Sung, last year); denim jacket (thrifted); peace sign scarf (thrifted); red Clarks sandals; silver jewellry from my hubby; black Italian leather goth-meets-Medieval purse (thrifted).

No comments:

Post a Comment